Fun and Functional Therapy
Getting dressed can be a language rich activity! While dressing, the following can be incorporated:
1. Body parts for vocabulary and body awareness.
2. Clothing items for vocabulary and object use.
3. Colors for vocabulary, matching, and sorting.
4. Following directions: Single step: Get your shoes; 2 step: put on your shirt and pants.
5. Answering questions: "where are your shoes?"
6. Choices for engagement and interaction.
Do you have any other ideas? Please share.
Lauren Norwood M.Ed. CCC-SLP Certified Speech Language Pathologist American Hippotherapy Association Level 1
Lauren B. Norwood